This classic favorite BBQ chicken and apple bread pudding are sure to satisfy! The sweet and juicy apples complement the tart barbecue sauce, and the fluffy puff pastry adds a delicious touch. The fact that this dish may be prepared in advance and reheated before serving is its best feature. Even after being frozen and thawed, the puff pastry maintains the bread pudding’s moistness and softness. This will go perfectly with your upcoming lunch or dinner gathering. It can be served with greens, potatoes, or even pasta and is ideal for sharing.
Prep time: 25-30 min
Serve for: 4-5
- 1 package cornbread mix
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 thinly sliced, large onion
- 2/3 of a cup of High On Chicken barbecue sauce
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 big eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 cups of shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tiny green apple, diced after being peeled
- chopped chives
- Use an 8-inch square baking pan that has been floured and greased to prepare cornbread according to the directions on the package.
- Turn the oven down to 375 degrees.
- Two tablespoons of butter are heated in a small skillet while you wait.
- Stir and cook the onion until soft.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes at a medium-low temperature until the food is deeply golden and caramelized.
- Remove from the heat and reserve.
- Chicken should be covered with 1/4 cup of High On Chicken barbecue sauce.
- Cornbread in a cube.
- Covered, heat the remaining butter for about 30 seconds on high power.
- Salt, pepper, and cream should be whisked in.
- Add browned onions.
- Sprinkle cornmeal chunks with egg mixture.
- Chuck chicken, cheese, and apple in.
- Gently stir to mix.
- Spoon the mixture into an 8-inch square or 1-1/2-quart baking dish that has been oiled.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Over the bread pudding, pour the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Add some chives on top.
Occasions when you can make BBQ chicken salad
A delicious recipe for any occasion is bread pudding with a Barbeque chicken recipe and apples. You can offer this dish as an appetizer or a main course at your next gathering. It also makes a fantastic dinner to pack for road trips or camping excursions! It’s simple to make ahead of time, making it ideal for your upcoming dinner party or family get-together.
These are some occasions you can make this recipe:
-You need to use up some chicken that was left over.
-You want to provide something unique and delectable during your summer BBQ.
-You’re celebrating your birthday and want a reward!
– Your significant other and you want to prepare a meal for your anniversary.
-You’re holding a dinner party and want to wow your guests with a delectable dish.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Should bread pudding be jiggly?
The custard should puff up and jiggle when you shake the dish. The baked bread pudding could be briefly placed under the broiler if you prefer an even crispier cubed or sliced topping.
- Do you put eggs in bread and butter pudding?
Lightly whisk the eggs in a bowl while adding the remaining 3/4 cup sugar to make them pale. After thoroughly stirring the warm milk and cream mixture, pour the custard into a bowl. The custard should be poured over the prepared bread layers, followed by the remaining sugar and nutmeg.
- How can you tell when bread pudding is finished cooking?
Bake uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes or until a food thermometer inserted in the center of the mixture registers 160 degrees F. A metal knife close to the pudding’s core comes clean at this temperature.
- How can I make my pudding better?
You can use evaporated milk. To make a creamier, more decadent pudding, swap out the ordinary milk for a can of evaporated milk.
- What happens if you cook the pudding for too long?
Here’s how to prevent one of the most dangerous kitchen blunders: overcooking. If heated past 185 degrees, egg-based puddings and custards may curdle. When creating crème anglaise, we remove it from the fire when the mixture reaches a temperature of 175 to 180; for the ice cream foundation, we raise the temperature to 180 to 185 for maximum thickness.
- When grilling chicken in Barbeque Chicken Recipe, do you cover it?
Cook your chicken on the grill for the barbeque recipe with the cover down at all times if it has one. Your food will cook more evenly, and your barbecue will resemble an oven. Additionally, you’ll experience fewer flare-ups due to the cover reducing part of the oxygen.